1st November 2014

Great Indoor Win


Sway won a exciting League game at Hurn on Wednesday with the match in the balance until the end.

With skipper Steve How out injured stand in Neil Prince won the toss and elected to bat first opening with himself and Nilantha Atapattu. Prince fairly raced out of the blocks and soon retired with the score on 56 bringing in Jake Lilley who became the first wicket to fall bowled by Ed Bartlett ( 2 - 37 ) for 3 and when Ashley Collinson had Atapattu caught for 19 Sway were 91 -2 at halfway.

Jason Eede and Dave Marshall were now batting with Eede soon looking in good nick whilst Marshall was struggling to score off of Collinson's leg breaks and was finally put out of his misery being caught and bowled from the last ball of Collinson's spell for 5 as the New Milton man finished with 2 - 30. Steve Keen hit 8 off his first 2 deliveries then was caught behind of off Bartlett leaving Eede and Prince to plunder 37 runs off the final two overs with Prince ending on 38 not out and Eede out for 36 off the final ball bowled by Simon Woodruff.

New Milton pair Mark House and Collinson opened for Wimborne and scored very briskly with Collinson soon retired, Sway finally picked up a wicket when Marshall bowled Woodruff for 5 with the last ball of the 4th over with the total on 68. Lilley bowled Bartlett for 7 with his second ball but at halfway Wimborne were looking good at 97 - 2. Atapattu ( 0 - 34 ) and Lilley (2 - 31 ) however slowed things down a little with House the next to retire and at 106 Joe Hepworth was run out but this brought back Collinson to join D.Jones in the middle. Collinson moved onto 44 but with the first ball of his final over Lilley clean bowled him with what was probably a game changing moment, this brought House back in and in the penultimate over Eede had Jones caught behind by Keen for 22. At 154 - 5 House needed 23 off a tense final over which to his horror Marshall realised he was going to have to bowl. The recently trophy laden veteran had a slightly neurotic look about him as he started the final over with any wides likely to hand the game to Wimborne , House hit the first 2 balls for 4 keeping the victory in sight and passing his own 50 in the process, however a dot ball put Sway back in control and after another 4 Wimborne needed 11 off 2 balls and in an attempt to get this House holed out to Eede at mid on for 55 leaving Sway the winners by 10 runs and Marshall with figures of 2 - 39.